Supporting Outdoors & Adventure in Clyde - join our team
1st June 2021
As COVID restrictions continue to ease, we're all very much looking forward to returning to doing more adventurous activities outdoors.
Would you like to be part of our team, helping to support this?
We're looking to recruit a Regional Adviser (Activities) and a Manager of the Activities Permit Scheme to provide advice and support to adult volunteers in Groups and Districts across the Region.
Our Regional Adviser (Activities) will:
- Provide the Region with effective support in order to enable more young people to safely experience more activities.
- Provide a focus for specialist advice and support in relation to the activities area, to other members of the Regional Team and those in the Region and its Districts.
- Proactively promote and develop the activity area within the Region.
- Provide assistance and guidance to leaders in all areas of the activities agenda.
The Manager of the Activities Permit Scheme will:
- Identify and support potential Assessors in taking up the role and induct new Assessors into their role.
- Provide continued support to County Assessors within their role.
- Provide opportunities for assessors to shadow and work with different assessors and to meet and discuss previous assessments.
- Manage the availability of permit assessments.
- Work with MAPS from across Scotland to co-ordinate support and opportunities.
- Support those applying for activity permits in finding the opportunities required.
- Support DC's with their role within the activity permit scheme.
- Ensure Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities and CPD for all Assessors.
- Carry out reviews of Assessors when their appointments are up for review.
- Carry out an annual moderation of the County permit scheme provision by the end of each January.
The two roles can be held by one volunteer who has a passion for activities and great administration skills or by two volunteers working together.
If you are interested in either of these roles, please contact Marion or Gary for further discussions.