Supporting Scouting in Clyde Region
For over 100 years Scouting has fuelled futures, fired young people's imaginations and helped shape the future of society and your support will let us give more young people the best start in life.
There are so many ways you can help, from your online shopping to giving one off donations or making a commitment to donating to us regularly, either for general funds or for our centres at Auchengillan, Avondyke and Coltswood where young people experience the great indoors.
Find out more about how you can support us financially below, every little bit raised makes a huge difference - so thank you!
How your donation could help?
Every week, we support more than 7,700 young people and 1,600 adult volunteers to enjoy Scouting across Glasgow and Lanarkshire. We're talking about teamwork, leadership and resilience - skills that have helped Scouts become everything from teachers and social workers to astronauts and Olympians. We help young people develop and improve key life skills. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We're part of a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
This support includes:
- Training for adult volunteers.
- An information and advice service delivered by a team of volunteers and staff.
- Support for the growth and development of Scouting in local communities.
- Discounted kayaking and canoeing at Pinkston Paddlesports.
- Supporting the planning of local and international events and activities, e.g. Explorer Belt expeditions to Europe and World Scout Jamborees.
- Developing new activities and facilities at Auchengillan, where we provide programme support to Beavers, Cubs, Scouts & Explorer Scouts to complete awards and introduce them to camping and adventurous activities
- Reduced prices on all facilities at Auchengillan and one free nights camping for every youth member in Clyde Region.
- Free camping at Coltswood.
- Free camping at Avondyke.
Below, we have shared some ways in which you can support us financially to meet the cost of this and ensure that our young people can continue to enjoy all that Scouting has to offer.