Safeguarding Awareness Training - Kelvin Valley District - cancelled
4th February 2013
Location: 40th Glasgow Scout Hall
Time: Please arrive for a 7.30pm prompt start. The evening will finish by no later than 10pm.
Uniform: There is no need for Scout Uniform.
What to bring: Notepad & pen.
The format is a brief PowerPoint presentation followed by discussion groups and case studies so that leaders can share ideas. Issues covered include:
- Bullying - preventative strategies, recognising the signs and how to deal with it
- Keeping young people safe - different forms of abuse, warning signs and procedure to report concerns
- Internet safety - online dangers for young people and guidance for leaders on use of social media
- Safeguarding code of practice - advice for leaders to stay safe, and recognising inappropriate behaviour by adults or young people in the group
- Resources and support - how to obtain resources, run a group activity and where to find help.
To apply to complete this course, click here - please note that there is no cost for this.
For more background information on why The Scout Association has introduced a requirement for Safeguarding Awareness Training, please click here to see an email that was sent to GSLs and Group Contacts -http://clyd.de/safeguarding