Explorer Scout & Scout Network Ceilidh Camp & Celebration
16th - 17th March 2013
Location: Auchengillan Outdoor Centre
Duration: Arrive for 10am on Saturday and participants can get picked up from 2pm on Sunday.
Who is this for: Explorer Scouts, Explorer Scout Leaders & Scout Network members.
Cost: £20 per person
Important note: All Explorer Scout Units attending must have a leader with a nights away permit, complete a Form NAN and put in place appropriate in touch arrangements for the weekend. If you are proposing to send Explorer Scouts with no leader, a nights away passport must be issued.
- Skills bases -
- How to pack a rucsack.
- Route planning, locations and compass skills.
- Getting the Duke of Edinburgh's Award expedition paperwork right (green forms, etc.).
- Getting the Scout paperwork filled in.
- Practice hikes and equipment for carrying on expedtions.
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award surgery.
- An opportunity to go hiking with the Clyde Hills Team.
- 10 years of Explorer Scouts & Scout Network celebration Ceilidh on the Saturday night.
- A barbecue will be provided on the Saturday evening. All other catering needs to be provided by Units attending.
Click here to register for your Unit to attend.
Applications need to be completed by March 1st.
Please send a cheque for your camp fees to March Camp, Clyde Regional Scout Council, 21 Elmbank Street, Glasgow, G2 4PB.