Salary: £18,000-£20,000 FTE pro-rata
Hours: 20 hours per week
Closing date: 12noon on Friday 31st August
Clyde Scouts is looking for a part-time, permanent Accounts Assistant to join our dedicated staff team based at Elmbank Street, Glasgow. The role will assist the Accountant with day-to-day financial processes.
Main duties will include (though not limited to):
- Processing purchase and sales ledger transactions
- Supplier/bank payment runs
- Posting of bank and other transactions to Sage
- Banking cash/cheques
- Petty cash management
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with month end processes
- Ongoing review of systems and controls
- Liaising with the Regional Treasurer
- Applicants should have an HND or equivalent in accountancy and/or experience in a similar role
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with members of the public and volunteers involved in Scouting
- Well organised
It would also be desirable if applicants had an appreciation of The Scout Associationís aims and experience of Sage.
About Clyde Scouts
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society. Through the adventure of Scouting, young people get to take risks in a safe environment, and have their first taste of responsibility.
Clyde Scouts is one of eight geographical areas that supports Scout Groups and Districts in Scotland and it is recognised as a Scottish Charity by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. The Council is led by unpaid Committee members and volunteers who generously give of their time. The Regionís membership continues to grow with over 8,200 members, 25% more than in 2008.
The Scout Councilís core activities fall into 3 main categories:
- Promotion and development of Scouting across the Region
- The supply of Scout uniforms, books, badges and outdoor clothing and equipment through The Glasgow Scout Shop that supports the programme undertaken by our youth members
- The running of an outdoor centre at Auchengillan which provides a focus for the provision of adventure based programme and development activities for young people in local Scout Groups and other organisations.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the job as listed above to email@example.com
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact Gary Bainbridge (Chief Operating Officer) on 0141 248 6022.
Applicants should be available for interview on 5th or 6th September.Author: Gary Bainbridge